As.Monaco outclassed Arsenal earlier in the month of February as the French side ran right past Arsene Wenger’s men with a scoreboard of 3-1. DimitarBerbatov played a big role in this triumph as he scored a goal.
This match played a big importance for both teams as it was their Champions League last 16 first leg match. The 2nd match is scheduled to take place on March 17 but Arsenal has a big disadvantage as they have fallen behind in the scoreboard by 2 goals.
Berbatov is now being rumored on having an interest in making a return to the Premier League as the result that his team secured when playing against Arsenal has sparked a string of rumors linking the Bulgarian forward with a return to the league where he used to perform in a few years ago.
After having made over 50 appearances as a player of Fulham, Berbatov opted to make a move to As.Monaco. It was a huge change not only in club but also in country and league as Berbatov went from playing in the Premier League to joining the French League.
Dimitar Berbatov did not have any experience playing in the French League prior to joining As.Monaco but it not stop him from making a move to what was a new playing style for the Bulgarian attacker.
The veteran forward and former player of Manchester United has now revealed that it actually wasn’t difficult on making a move to such a different league as he was eager and in search of something new.
Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim says that the fight for the Champions League last 16 qualification will go to the last group match.
Monaco qualified for the Champions League after spending vast sums of money on players like James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao. Even though most of the high-profile signings have departed the club in the summer after budget cuts, they continue to remain in the Champions League group stages. They were given a fair chance of reaching the last 16 due to the group not having many top contenders like the Bayern Munich or Barcelona.
Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim has said that the club are targeting a good start to the French league season in order to stand chance of winning the title. The club finished second last season under the management of Claudio Ranieri. However, there were several points behind eventual winners Paris St Germain.
Even though they were promoted only in the previous summer, Ranieri paid for this disappointing result with his job. Jardim has been appointed in his place. Even though Monaco have not been spending a lot of money like in the last few transfers window, their squad is thought to be one of the strongest in the French league.
Leonardo Jardim has been appointed as the new manager of AS Monaco and the first thing that the club fans are expecting him to do is to prevent James Rodriguez from taking an away transfer.
Rodriguez was bought by Monaco last summer at a big transfer fee of 40 million Pounds and the Colombian justified his price tag by producing the goods regularly for the club.
He kept his good form going in the World Cup in Brazil too which put him on the radar of a number of clubs around the world.
It’s certain that Monaco would be receiving some lucrative bids for him in the next couple of weeks. It’s interesting to see how Jardim copes with all that and if he manages to make the talented playmaker stay in France or not.
French club Monaco have announced that Leonardo Jardim has been appointed as their new manager following the release of Claudio Ranieri towards the end of last season. The former Roma and Chelsea manager was sacked from his first after the failure to win the league title. This was seen as hasty decision from the club after Ranieri had just led them to the top division only last summer. Now, Monaco will be focusing on the future after appointing Jardim as their new manager. He comes with a wealth of experience after having recently been the manager of Sporting Lisbon.
Former Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that he will be returning to White Hart Lane in the summer in order to play in a testimonial match for the Ledley King. Former club captain Ledley King announced his retirement from the game a few years ago due to regular complaints with his knee. He has been working as the club ambassador for the last few years. After having served the club since becoming a professional player, King was due a testimonial. It is set to be held in the summer. Some of the best Tottenham players from the past including the Bulgarian Berbatov are set to be present for this match.
Former Manchester United and Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that he is looking to follow the footsteps of Eric Cantona in entering into movies once he finishes his playing days.
Former United legend Cantona surprised everyone by becoming a Hollywood star after ending his playing days. He was one of the finest players witnessed by Old Trafford and many expected him to enter into football management or even ownership. The Bulgarian striker recently completed the move to Monaco in a deal worth around £ 2 million.
Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed that he is loving life in Monaco after managing to start regularly due to the absence of striker Radamel Falcao.
Berbatov was signed from Fulham for a nominal fee towards the end of the January transfer window. His contract was up at the end of the season and Fulham decided to cash in on the player, who had not been performing well up until now.
The move to Monaco, though, seems to have reinvigorated the Bulgarian, as he has been an important player for the club in the last few weeks.
Thanks to the talented Dimitar Berbatov scoring an extra-time winner Monaco is to be sent through to the last eight of the French Cup. His new side reveled in their victories regarding 10-man and Nice 1-0 on Wednesday. They have high hopes and expectations of this season’s upcoming domestic double.
After the 113th minute of a dull sceneat Nice’s Allianz Riviera ground, the former Fulham forward made his first goal since moving to Monaco last month. It brought many cheers to the huge number of fans that had gathered there.
Lucas Ocampos passed the ball tothe 33-year-old Bulgarian in a speculative manner to get the ball into the net from five yards away. Nice’s keeper Mouez Hassan was well-beaten.